Even though it is a few weeks away I would like to wish you and your families a Happy Thanksgiving. This year really went by quick.
We have to go full speed ahead with membership for the rest of the year. If you have not paid your dues for this fiscal year please do, so your insurance won’t lapse at the end of the year.
I was at a revitalization for the 8th district with several commanders and we were able to get 14 members off the State’s 2910 list transferred to local posts.
November will be really busy with the following events:
- Nov. 7th St. Mikes at 7:00 am
- Sandburg High School at 10:30 am
- Nov. 8th & 9th Veterans jelly belly drive
- Nov. 11th City hall at 10:00 am ( it might be on the 10th?) will let you know
- Nov. 12th Cardinal Bernardine school ( time to be determined later)
- Nov. 18th Lunch with the vets from Manteno at the Elks club at 10:30 am
Don't forget the turkey. If anyone is interested, Sailors from great lakes will be at the following posts for a day of leisure and food. Tinley park post-- Glen Maker post.--- and if you are up north at the Morton Grove post. All welcome.
The Holiday Hop for the 8th district is coming in Dec. We have two tables.
I will be pulling names out of a hat to see who goes. Let me know if interested.
Until next month.
Thomas Chambers, Post Commander
Orland Memorial Post 111